Monday, September 8, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Most people put their kids in swimming lessons during the summer. I always thought it would be the logical thing to do, but with the encouragement of a friend - Logan's starting to learn how to swim this fall. The local YMCA has lessons year round and now that I've had a chance to think about it, it seems like a great idea. Spend the fall and winter learning how to swim so that when summer hits, the kid's a pro. At any rate, Logan had his first lesson today and he loved learning how to 'swim like a fish.' I was suprised at how well he did, but I also tried to stay out of sight. He tends to be braver when I'm not around. I think he would've done fine either way, but I spent the time like a goalie tending the net trying to keep Dallin away from the pool. The bleachers we were supposed to sit on were right next to the ten foot area of the pool, just for that added element of danger. Both boys did pretty well, though, and it was a huge success for Logan.
The kids got kind of a cold dose of reality before getting in the pool. However, it was all okay once they realized that it meant the pool came next.
Let's go swim!

Logan was all smiles and really such a good listener throughout the whole hour.

Kick your legs!

Mischief.


Dallin felt a little left out and wanted to go splash like big brother. Maybe next summer (or fall.)

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Good plan! Congrats on the potty training too!

thepainterfamily said...

FUN! Logan looks like he was having a blast the entire time! :) I think swimming lessons in the fall sounds smart! :)

Jill Revell said...

What a great idea!

tomiannie said...

That looks like so much fun, and Logan is such a little cutie. Maybe I'll have to look into that for my boys!

Kendra said...

I like the kind of swim lessons where mom doesn't have to be in the pool. That's why I'm holding out on the girls until next year. When they are 6, I don't have to be in the water!