Friday, August 1, 2008

Part 2












Sorry about the continuity issues. We had lots of fun while Tom was home and packed well over three months worth of fun into two quick weeks. We celebrated Logan's third birthday with a fun (and low-key!) birthday party, went to the circus, saw Dark Knight and Wall-E, experienced the Downtown Aquarium, cheered for the Astros from the rafters of Minute Maid Park, took a road trip to College Station, ate at all our favorite resturants, laughed until it hurt and just enjoyed being a family again. Opposition is a funny thing because the good always wins. Tom's back in Abu Dhabi now (not Hobby Lobby) and it's hard to have him gone. It's like a sip of cold water on a hot day; refreshing but so not enough. However, I'm happy knowing that when we get done with these next three months, we're done. We are doing ok and I'm so grateful for the support network I've got. Without you all, I'd be a basketcase. For now, on with the adventure. Enjoy the pictures! Blogger's having issues so this isn't going to look how I want it to, but you get the idea.





5 comments:

JBERG said...

Those roses are beautiful!

Kendra said...

Looks like you had fun. I'm glad Tyler got to see you all, including Tom. I'm sure it was the hightligh of Tom's trip home!

Kristen said...

Sounds like a blast, just a little too short.

thepainterfamily said...

YEAH! What beautiful memories! Seriously, you guys did so many great things! (and the roses were gorgeous!) Even though I didn't see you much these past few weeks, each time I would think about you, I would smile knowing you were probably having the time of your life! I'm so happy for you! It must be difficult to say good-bye again for a bit, but I am really hoping that the second half will go quickly! Looking forward to the holidays! :)

meg said...

I'm so happy for you and your boys (Tom included). It looks like you had time well spent. See ya' tomorrow!