Friday, August 1, 2008

I'm so glad when Daddy comes home!




So, I've been off the radar for the last couple of weeks because (dun dun da DUM!) Tom's been home! That's right, folks, we survived fourteen weeks of him being gone. Fourteen! During that period we managed to get diagnosed with food allergies and completely overhaul the way Logan eats, find a new apartment, pack the house and move (which sounds much easier on paper), visit the Emergency room, after hours doctors office, and doctor with five ear infections (four for Dallin, one for Logan), get major car repairs done, celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day, and several other things that I'm not remembering at this second. We've been a little busy. In a way, it's been good though. I haven't had time to sit around and feel sorry for myself. But at last, the blessed day came! We went to the airport and waited for about an hour while Tom's plane came in and he got his luggage before we saw him. Logan passed the time by driving Dallin around in the stroller. I passed the time by trying to keep him from permanently crippling anyone.

However, as I was looking up every minute or two to see if Tom was coming through the arrival gate, Logan opened the door to the emergency defibulator in one of the corners. A very loud alarm went off and he was cowed enough to just hang out after that.

Yeah, I was that mom. People were openly laughing at me, so I'm aware of it. I really couldn't care less, though, because Tom arrived about a minute and a half after that. I intended to take pictures and all, but it didn't work out. There are some moments when picture snapping is just not a priority. Anyway, so thus began the most fun two weeks that I've had in who-knows-how-long! We managed to pack in so many great things into our little break.




Daddy wrestling matches






2 comments:

Sarah McM said...

Are those Vegan cupcakes?

I think Dallin looks a LOT like Tom in that yellow shirt with the new, short haircut. So cute!!

Kristen said...

I was just imagining everyone in the airport starring at you with that look on their face-can't you control your kids lady? So fun to be in the airport with kids! I'm glad your honey's back with you (for a while).