**I'm going to be doing 3 or 4 posts over the next day or two - so check back often!**
You know, sometimes blogging is hard (not that this is an excuse or anything.) I admire those of you who post regularly, even if it's just a couple of adorable pictures of your kids with seriously like, three sentences. You know who you are. I would like to be like this - nay - I'm going to be more like this! Okay, that's it. We're doing this more regularly. Period.
became these.


So, since May and last you heard, we had a dog and a flooded car. Fortunately, the car situation got sorted out - thank you full coverage insurance. Our neighbors who have lived in this neighborhood for 15 years assure us that this street has never, ever flooded like that (or anything remotely close to it) but whenever it rains, I still have the compulsive urge to go move my car even if it's already in the garage.
Jack, the dog, has also left us. My brother is deploying to Afghanistan in a month and Jack was able to rejoin his family as they get settled in South Carolina. It's going to be a long six months for everyone.
I've been getting more and more brave in my projects, though. I think it all started with the house, really. There's something about being able to paint a rental (and having your landlord give you free reign) that helps develop bravery. It's really been an interesting process of self discovery that I'll probably get into more in another post. (Remember how we're doing this more regurlarly now?) Don't worry - I've been writing that one in my head for about a month. It's just a matter of getting this one done first. Anyway, in the last couple of months, these:
And this (a $3 display for a Lord of the Rings sword that I found at Goodwill):
became this (a concrete way for me to feel like I've accomplished something.)
The ugly, but free headboard I got off of craigslist (see the flying/flaming pretzel?):
The formerly bleh living room:
We've been staying busy, though.
2 comments:
very cute! love the lord of the rings sword thing!
Wow! what cool, cool, projects!! you know, I find such satisfaction in finding cheap/free old things and making them work in new ways!
oh, and the FREE section on Craigslist!? Brilliant! Although, sometimes I browse that section just for a good laugh. Just last week there was a post that said...
Free Haircut
I thought, oh, that's nice. A cosmotology student must be building up her portfolio or something. So I clicked on the link and nope...this is what it said...
"I will cut your hair for FREE but must want buzz cut."
I am not kidding. I laughed for 5 minutes!
Post a Comment