- It's good to have your kids watch educational programming while preparing dinner. Nothing puts the pressure on like having Elmo & co. singing and dancing about fruits and veggies while you're staring at the fridge, waiting for something magical to happen.
- When the bug spray says that it lasts for 12 months, it means it. It was one year ago next week that we got Pappasito's (yum!) takeout to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. We finished our dinner and went to clean up, only to discover several hundred flying ants on the table. (Seriously. I screamed.) Today, they returned. I'm not sure what it is about my apartment, but I can only liken it to how the people must've felt in Hitchcock's The Birds, when they finally start breaking into the house. I could see hundreds and hundreds of winged ants milling around inside the screen, just outside the window - and they were beginning to get through. I'm not sure how, other than that they're really small. Nevertheless, I've still got the bug spray and I'm moving in a week. Happy Ant-iversary!
- When you are spraying for bugs, try not to spray the lightbulb in the lightfixture that's been on for the last couple of hours because it makes the lightbulb explode. Yeah.
- I give up on escalators.
- Much as I wish someone would nominate me for What Not to Wear, I wouldn't make good television - that and I'm not sure my fashion sense is tragic enough to be on there. It just kills me! People are upset about getting $5K to buy a whole new wardrobe and fashion consultants to hold their hands in the process? I'd be entirely too eager. In the meantime, I'll just keep rockin' that MamaFunction T-shirt style that I've got going on right now.
- Logan is exceptionally resilient.
- Dallin will walk all the time, someday. Each day he does a little bit more. It's encouraging and gives me hope that I won't be lugging him around on my hip when he's 20. He weighs 30lbs, so I don't see myself as being unreasonable in wishing he'd get going already. I'm glad that there's been progress lately.
That's what I learned today.
1 comments:
Very cool. I wish I'd learned that much today, but all I learned was that I should really finish my work at the office because I don't feel like doing it when I get home.
Post a Comment