Well, Tom left on Wednesday so we've been trying to stay busy. The opportunity came up to go to College Station this weekend and visit my mom, which was alot of fun if not exhausting. We drove up on Friday afternoon and went the park with all the institute kids that evening for the activity that was going on. (As I type this, I know I'm going to look back and think this is a lame post. I'm so tired, for reasons I will explain in a minute and I can tell that the brainpower is seriously lagging.) Logan had loads of fun chucking rocks in the stream with my mom and picking flowers to bring to me while Dallin was confined to the stroller. Sadly, he got into something that he was extremely allergic to and ended up with huge hive welts all over his face; like, his eyes were almost swollen shut. Not good. (Didn't take any pictures of that.) So we made a mad dash for Walgreens to get some Zyrtec syrup, which I tore off the shelf, opened with my teeth, and gave him there in the store while my mom found some hydrocortizone, opened that and started slathering it on his face neck and arms. He was fine and definitely a good sport for the whole thing, but I'm calling the allergist on Monday to make an appointment to get him tested. I don't want to be suprised like that again.
- While driving to College Station, Logan sang "Happy Birthday to You" to everything he saw along the way; like, the whole song with only the "Dear _____ changed. (ie: trees, purple flowers, sky, cool car, other trees, Mama's bag, Logan's blue water, Dallin's orange water, etc.)
- While we were at the park, Logan got to pet a nice dog named Hershey. For some reason he got obsessed about wanting to "fluff the puppy's tail!" and fluff most anything about the puppy. "Want to fluff the puppy's ears? Want to fluff the puppy's toes?" He loves dogs so much, but is a little intimidated by bigger ones. He was pretty proud of himself for making friends with Hershey, who was a pit bull/chocolate lab mix.
- Logan really likes to sing. Driving home from the mall, he sang lots of verses to "The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round," including the baby wheels on the bus (very high pitched round and round), the Daddy wheels on the bus that go, "Hiiii!", the Dallin wheels on the bus that go "AYA AYA AYA!!" (uncannily accurate impersonation), the Logan wheels on the bus that go "PI-YAH!" (see the episode Samuri Pie of the Backyardigans), etc.
- My parents bought us dinner at Jason's Deli. Yum!
2 comments:
Sounds like an eventful trip...
And WHERE was my phone call? Hehe. I should've known y'all would go to Jason's Deli :)
Post a Comment