Saturday, April 5, 2008

And we're done!

So, having been diligent in Dallin's helmet wearing, we're officially done! It's very exciting, as I had been expecting that he would be wearing it for the next two months but Dr. Bob was satisfied with his progress at this point and said we could move on. I haven't been able to get any "after" pictures yet, but I'll post some soon. Right this moment we're trying to get Tom ready for his six month stint in UAE. I'm sure that the reality of the situation will come crashing down sometime after he takes off on Wednesday, but for the moment it still feels so far away. I feel like I'm ready to get this show on the road, though. I think it'll be a very good learning experience. Tom and I were talking about this the other evening; the fact that neither of us has really been "on our own." There's always been a room mate, companion, or family member living with us that could kind of pick up the slack on an off day. Not so much, this time. It'll be an interesting experience for sure.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Best wishes to Tom on his trip! This is Kim (Neilson) Sabin. One of Tom's friends from back in the day. Where are you guys living now? We are in Texas near the Austin area...I saw that you went to San Antonio so I figured that you must be some where close.

Anonymous said...

You and me both, honey. We can be on our own together :)

Jessica Sanders said...

Hey Kellie! This is Jessica Sanders (Michael's wife... Tom's old roommate- Michael the old roommate of course!). Remember me right? Michael told me about your blog so I have checked it here and there. We have one too it's twoadultstwokids.blogspot.com
You are so brave- Tom too! to go through this adventure. I hope the time flies by, sounds like you'll both be super busy! Love seeing the pics of your adorable kids. Talk to you later!