Sunday, October 14, 2007

The long delay

I'm sorry that I haven't really been doing a very good job of keeping this updated. I think I put entirely too much pressure on myself to come up with something meaningful or poignant (sp?) but really that's not my purpose in blogging. So here I am!

We're having a lot of fun lately and I think we're getting better at finding balance between work/home/kids. They're each pretty hefty areas and are all so very important. I've been thinking about that alot lately.
This weekend Tom planned a fun trip to the butterfly atrium at the Natural History museum. Logan is in kind of a funny phase right now where EVERYTHING is scary. Everything. So, he was pretty unnerved by the "scary butterflies" but by the end, forgot to be scared at least some of the time.
We had a good time, though and I think it was healthy for him. I can't believe how big he's getting and how amazing his memory is. After we'll have family prayer in the evening, we have family hugs. Usually, we'll throw in a "sandwich hug" and squash the boys between us. Lately, Logan's been asking for "cheeseburger hugs" and "popcorn hugs" and we'll find a way to act that out. Kids are fun. He can count to ten, knows his shapes, including ovals and rectangles, and his favorite pastime is jumping on Mama's bed. If you ask him, he'll tell you that his name is "Logan Abargus" and is unbelievably good at saying please and thank you.

What can I say? He's so cool.

Dallin (aka Gadan) is getting closer to crawling every day. He's six (almost seven!) months old and thinks Logan is hilarious. He's getting very very talkative, but at this point he only speaks dinosaur. It's pretty funny - (Logan) "Scary! Scary Gadan dinosaur!" Ah, my boys.

In the grand tradition of my kids, he's obsessed with the keyboard (which is making writing this tough), likes music, and LOVES his daddy. It's so fun to see how they change and light up when Daddy comes home. Dallin's favorite pastime is probably splashing in the tub. I'm looking forward to getting to know him as he gets older and his personality emerges more and more. I've got such cool kids.

















6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay! You finally blogged! Very cute kids :) Miss you all!

Melanie said...

You do have cool boys! Logan has your same stunning face; bright eyes and wonderful smile. They are so cute!

Dallon said...

Two boys! That's great. We're on the other side of the spectrum -- two girls. I'll have to check your blog from time to time, and maybe set up one of my own. It's good to see you're doing well.

Anonymous said...

Cute kids! Glad to see you posting again. :)

Jolanda said...

Hey! Glad to see you on here!
Your kids are getting so big!

Lauren said...

I found your blog on Lea's page. I can't believe how big your kids are! So cute!