We have a new addition to the family - albeit a temporary one. We're dog sitting while my brother gets his family situated before he deploys for Afghanistan in September. I'm glad that we can pitch in. The part I was unprepared for, however, was this.
Our landlord has been kind enough to allow us to do whatever we want to the place and just take it out of our rent. So we paint. And paint. I've been working mostly on ceilings so that I can start doing walls. Walls are way more fun.
But then we had a less fun incident.
That's my car, and that's water. We got 10" of rain over the course of about two hours after having major thunderstorms all day. This picture was taken at 3:30 in the morning when we realized that our street had become a river. We were not thrilled. The car was totalled. It'll all work out though.
At any rate, that's us for the moment. Happy Mother's Day everyone!
7 comments:
Oh my goodness! I can't believe it flooded so much. Hopefully insurance will cover it all.
Love the green, it looks exactly like the green I just painted our family room.
I changed our blog address. it is now rjeta.blogspot.com
Holy cow! I can't believe your car! Luckily we just got 8 days of rainy drizzle compared to your river. Good luck! And I can't believe all that dog hair. Are you going to make something out of all that fur?
Oh, for heaven's sake! your car!
That is quite a picture! What can you do but laugh at that point right!?
I think it's awesome that your landlord will let you paint! COOL!
...that is an amazing amount of dog hair...but even more amazing is the power of your vaccum! yippy!
Wow....that is a lot of water! I love the green too!
Ah yes. The dog hair. I have that times two. Why do you think we have laminate floors? By the way, is that color whole wheat?
LOVE the color!! don't care for the dog hair. I can't wait to see pics of your new place. It is going to look AWESOME!
Sorry about the car.
It is so good to hear about your family. Of course not good that your car flooded. That is too bad. We sure miss you guys. I hope all is well and you are enjoying life. Your boys are so cute! I hope I can read more about what your family is doing. Love you a lot.
Mel
Post a Comment