Friday, May 30, 2008

Hello from Poo Corner

I always thought it was just a little tragic that a child icon was named Pooh.

So potty training is going well, albeit pretty laid back. (Read, I'm not worrying about it and that's why it's going well.) Really, we've made leaps and bounds of progress in the last month and a half, in that in that time Logan's gone from not wanting to have anything to do with the potty to doing his 'bidness' fairily regularly. I'll let him run around with his diaper off in the evenings after dinner and that usually helps him remember to use the potty. (Operative word being usually.) On this particular day, Logan was roaming free and wild in the living room and I was in brushing Dallin's teeth and I hear Logan come trotting in behind me.

"Here, Mama!"
"What do you need Logan?"
"Heeeere!"
At which point he tries to hand me... something.
"Ahh! Ok," (trying not to react in a way that would make him feel punished or guilty when my initial reaction is more horrified. I mean, how often does someone try to hand you their poo? Probably, don't answer that.)
"Ok, Logan - put it in the potty! Poo goes IN the potty! Good job, Buddy. Ok, lets SCRUB SCRUB SCRUB your hands!" (singing Happy Birthday to You while we wash - I read somewhere that that's how long it takes to wash your hands and kill the germs.)
"Mama?"
"Yes, Logan?"
"Where did your poo go?" (Meaning his. Promise.)
"It went in the potty, Logan. Where poo goes."
"No, the n'other poo."
"What other poo?"
"N'other poo's hiding!" (Visions start flashing through my head of some mystery poo lurking somewhere... hiding.)
"Where is the poo hiding, Logan?" (Using 'Calm Mommy' voice.)
"Poo's hiding by the train table!"

So we went in the living room and sure enough, a pile-a-poo was hiding by the train table. As eager as I am to get into a house, I have to say that it's nice to be in an apartment for now. At least it's not MY carpet that is feeling the brunt of small children... and potty training... and reflux.
On that note, we're moving in a month. Not because of the poo incident, but long-story-short, because we've outgrown this place and I found one five minutes away that's bigger and nicer for the same amount of money each month. There's a lot more to it than just that, but suffice to say, it'll be a better situation in general. So, because I didn't have enough going, I'm going to throw a move into the mix, because hey, what's one more thing?

9 comments:

Sarah McM said...

My heart dropped for a split second when I read "nother poo." That can never be what you want to hear. Nothing beats Kendra's girls getting in a poo fight, though.

Also, I LOVE that picture of Logan.

Tara said...

Ok, I'm sure that wasn't funny in the moment but I had to laugh. I'll have to visit your blogg again. Your boys are too cute!

Spanky and Family said...

That's too funny! I bet your parents get a kick out of stories like this. It's June 11th on NBC from 7-8:30. I take the whole time, I go to the end! It was a blast. Wish we were rich....or are we?

Kendra said...

You just aren't a real parent until you have a poop story. Welcome. You have been initiated. Sorry we couldn't tell you about this part before you got married and pregnant. That is part of the code.

meg said...

Secretly I'm relieved to be done with that (a little glad that's not me) until I remember that I have another one coming! Yikes! Potty training is a big pain in the rear - ha! Atleast you get a big laugh and something to tease Logan with when he's a teenager!

Alisha said...

Wow, so much for me to look forward to. I'm very proud of you for staying so calm through the whole thing--what a great Mom you are. I'm glad you shared this story, seriously hilarious!!

Unknown said...

Wow. More evidence that I am so not ready for kids. Good job not freaking out!

Lauren said...

This story is not helping me get motivated for potty training...but very funny because it was not my carpet:)

Melanie said...

More than I wanted to know!!! I am glad we document these things so at least they can be used as blackmail later on.

I hope you like your new place. I wish we could have gotten together more often. Hopefully we will see you soon.